The civil practice of the firm firmly rests on the ability of the team to address cross-over issues with the facility that its multi-disciplinary capabilities allow for. The firm is regularly briefed in complex civil disputes in a diverse range of areas.
Notable cases include:
- Waja Manufacturing (M) Sdn Bhd & Ors v Alliance Bank Malaysia Bhd & Other Appeals  6 CLJ 239. Federal Court decision on consolidation of actions.
- Duli Yang Amat Mulia Tunku Ibrahim Ismail Ibni Sultan Iskandar Al-Haj v Datuk Captain Hamzah Mohd Noor & Another Appeal  4 CLJ 329. Federal Court decision on protective writs and extensions of the same.
- Menteri Hal Ehwal Dalam Negeri v Raja Petra bin Raja Kamarudin  4 MLJ 484. Federal Court decision on reviews based on quorum failure.
- Gurbachan Singh s/o Bagawan Singh & Anor v Vellasamy s/o Pennusamy & Ors and other applications  2 MLJ 149. Federal Court decision on reviews based on quorum failure.
- Subramaniam AV Sankar & Ors v Peter Tang Swee Guan  8 CLJ 963. Court of Appeal decision on the review of Court of Appeal decisions.
- AV Asia Sdn Bhd v Measat Broadcast Network Systems Sdn Bhd  3 MLJ 61. Federal Court decision on injunctions in respect of agreements entitling parties to equitable relief.
- Kerajaan Malaysia & Ors v Lay Kee Tee & Ors  1 MLJ 1. Federal Court decision on the joinder of primary tortfeasors.
- Dr Sanusi bin Osman dan lain-lain v Datuk Ismail bin Che' Ros dan lain-lain  3 MLJ 374. High Court decision on the wrongful arrest and imprisonment of more than 100 participants of a conference on the then annexed East Timor.
- Kerajaan Negeri Selangor v Syarikat Bekalan Air Negeri Selangor Sdn Bhd; Kerajaan Malaysia (Third Party)  1 LNS 979. Court of Appeal decision on water concession agreements and the amendment of pleadings.
- Syarikat Bekalan Air Negeri Selangor Sdn Bhd v Kerajaan Negeri Selangor  4 MLJ 147. Court of Appeal decision on the striking out of third party claims.
- Pengarah Tanah dan Galian Pulau Pinang & Ors v Tang Hak Ju  MLJU 73. Court of Appeal decision on the assessment of damages for the forfeiture of land by the Penang State Government.
- Cuah Eng Khong v Malayan Banking Bhd  2 CLJ 917. Federal Court decision on equitable charges.
- Peh Lai Huat v MBF Finance Bhd  5 CLJ 69. Court of Appeal decision pertaining to limitation and charge actions.
- Perwira Affin Bank Bhd v Lim Weow  4 CLJ 17. Court of Appeal decision pertaining to limitation and charge actions.
- Sinnaiyah & Sons Sdn Bhd v Damai Setia Sdn Bhd  5 MLJ 1. Federal Court decision which lowered the standard of proof in civil fraud claims from beyond reasonable doubt to a balance of probabilities.
- Gurbachan Singh s/o Bagawan Singh & Ors v Vellasamy s/o Pennusamy & Ors (on their behalf and for the 213 sub-purchasers of plots of land known as PN35553, Lot 9108, Mukim Hutan Melintang, Hilir Perak) and other appeals  1 MLJ 773. Federal Court decision involving breach by solicitors of duties owed to clients.
- Mahadevi Nadchatiram v Thiruchelvasegaram Manickavasegar  4 CLJ 20. Federal Court decision on defamation in the course of legal proceedings and the defence of absolute privilege.
- Irene Fernandez v Utusan Melayu (M) Sdn Bhd & Anor  2 CLJ 814. High Court decision on the Reynold’s defence of qualified privilege.
- Batu Kemas Industri Sdn Bhd v Kerajaan Malaysia & Tenaga Nasional Bhd  5 MLJ 52. Court of Appeal decision on the non-delegable duty of care owed by the Government of Malaysia towards third parties in limited circumstances.
- Chong Fook Sin v Amanah Raya Bhd & Ors  7 CLJ 917. Federal Court decision involving the interest of Amanah Rakyat Berhad.
- Poraviappan a/l Arunasalam Pillay (suing as administrator of estate of the late Nadarajah a/l Sithambaram Pillai) v Periasamy a/l Sithambaram Pillai & Ors (on behalf of personal representatives of the estate of Ponnamal a/p Ramasamy the deceased)  4 MLJ 285. Federal Court decision on the validity of a consent order in respect of the administration of an estate.
- Au Kean Hoe v Persatuan Penduduk D’villa Equestrian  4 MLJ 204. Federal Court decision on gated communities and the obstruction of public roads pursuant to the Street, Drainage and Building Act 1974.
- Badan Pengurusan Bersama Paradesa Rustika v Sri Damansara Sdn Bhd  1 MLJ 14. Federal Court decision on the prospective application of the Act.
- Perantara Properties Sdn Bhd v JMC-Kelana Square & Another Appeal  1 LNS 139. Court of Appeal decision on the applicability of the definition of “Common Property” under the Act.
- Tenaga Nasional Berhad v Unggul Tangkas Sdn Bhd & Anor, Civil Appeal No: B-02(IM)-119-04/2016. Court of Appeal decision on the entitlement of a party to intervene in land acquisition proceedings before the High Court.